Monday, December 2, 2013

14 Days Ago Ben Turned 1 Month Old...Oops

I really dropped the ball here.  I mean, damn.  Two weeks ago this would have been posted if it were Sam because I would've had plenty of time to organize photos, thoughts, and sit peacefully with the laptop.  Oh my geez.  Having a not quite 2 year old running around, plus an infant, makes for some crazy days.  It also doesn't help that I can only get the laptop out when Sam is napping because he's really good at ripping keys off.

Anywho...my little kabuki boy is one month old!  Plus a little.



What he's like at this stage:
~  He sleeps around 2 hours at a time overnight.  Sometimes he stretches that to 3 hours.
~  Eats 2 ounces per feeding.  If getting breast milk can take as much as 3.
~  Has two periods of awake time each day that can last up to 3 hours each.  I don't remember Sam being this alert.  Maybe he was.
~  He is VERY expressive!  The range of smiles, pouts, frowns, goofy spaz, and alert observing faces is wonderful to watch.  Again, I don't remember Sam having more going on than content or screaming at this point.
~  At a week and a half old Ben was sleeping in the other room when Morgan and I heard a tiny roaring laugh.  We both swear it was him, not the tv.  It must have been a really good baby dream.  His next laugh happened on Thanksgiving at 5 weeks old.  I was holding Ben in my arms all milk drunk and half asleep.  I kissed him on his cheek and he smiled and let out a soft laugh.  I melted.  Now we anxiously await the next one!
~  Ben and Sam have already bonded and I love it!  Sam loves him.  Brings him things.  Pats him on the back when he helps to burp Ben.  And Ben likes to watch whatever Sam is doing.  Smiles when Sam comes over to say hi or touch their foreheads together.  It's all so adorable and so much more than what I had expected.  I had hoped they would be best buds forever, but didn't really expect that bond to happen till Ben was old enough to pal around on the floor along side Sam.  The sibling love is amazing.

Dr Stats:          (gotta update when I find the paper from Dr)
Weight - 11 pounds 12 ounces, 88%
Length - 23 inches, 96%
Head Size - 15.5 inches, 95%

And now, just to round things out and make up for being so late with posting this, PHOTOS!





No comments:

Post a Comment